Dr. Daisuke Mashima
Dr. Daisuke Mashima
Principal Research Scientist
Ph.D. in Computer Science from Georgia Institute of Technology
Cyber-physical systems security, smart grid, critical infrastructure, industrial control systems
- “National Satellite of Excellence in Design Science and Technology for Secure Critical Infrastructure [Satellite DeST-SCI]: Phase II” (2023-) [Co-lead of Energy Sector]
- “CRaaS: Turn-key Cyber Range for Smart Grid Security Research on National Cybersecurity Laboratory”. Funded by National Cybersecurity R&D Lab (2022-2023) [Lead PI]
- “Automated Framework for Generating Cyber Range for Smart Grid.” Funded by National Satellite of Excellence in Design Science and Technology for Secure Critical Infrastructure. (2019-2022) [Lead PI]
- “Managing the Privacy Risks in Smart Cities.” Funded by National Research Foundation of Singapore. (2019-2021) [Lead PI]
- “SPOTify: A high-fidelity, practical smart grid honeypot for gathering threat intelligence.” Funded by Singapore Cybersecurity Consortium. (2018-2020) [Lead PI]
- Daisuke Mashima, Muhammad M. Roomi, Bennet Ng, Zbigniew Kalbarczyk, S.M. Suhail Hussain, and Ee-Chien Chang, “Towards Automated Generation of Smart Grid Cyber Range for Cybersecurity Experiments and Training.” In Prof. of DSN 2023 Industry Track.
- Balachandar Gowrisankar, Daisuke Mashima, Wen Shei Ong, Quanqi Ye, Ertem Esiner, Binbin Chen, and Zbigniew Kalbarczyk, "GateKeeper: Operator-centric Trusted App Management Framework on ARM TrustZone." In Proc. of IEEE CNS 2022.
- Utku Tefek, Ertem Esiner, Daisuke Mashima, Binbin Chen, Yih-Chun Hu, “Caching-based Multicast Message Authentication in Industrial Control Systems.” In Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM 2022.
- Ertem Esiner, Utku Tefek, Hasan Melihcan Erol, Daisuke Mashima, Binbin Chen, Yih-Chun Hu, Zbigniew Kalbarczyk, and David Nicol, “LoMoS: Less-online/More-offline Signatures for Extremely Time-critical Systems.” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 13(4), 3214-3226.
- Daisuke Mashima, Prageeth Gunathilaka, and Binbin Chen, “Artificial Command Delaying for Secure Substation Remote Control: Design and Implementation.” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid 10.1 (2017): 471-482.
- “Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Operation Systems” United States Patent Number 11572166 (2023)
- “Demand Response Event Dissemination System and Method” United States Patent Number 11283903 (2022)
- “Residential and Small and Medium Business Demand Response” United States Patent Number 9953285. (2018)
- “Profiling of Energy Consumption” Japanese Patent Number JP6065531B2. (2017)
- “Customer-centric Energy Usage Data Sharing” United States Patent Number 9767469. (2017)
- “Trusted and Privacy-preserving Mechanism for Electricity Usage Data Disclosure Using Verifiable Noise” United States Patent Number 9703963. (2017)
- “Energy Usage Data Management.” European Patent Number EP2871801 B1. (2016)
- “Device Configuration for Secure Communication.” United States Patent Number 9401895. (2016)
- “Customer Data Management for Data Analytics Outsourcing.” United States Patent Number 9292706. (2016)
- “Data Distribution Path Verification.” United States Patent Number 9032213. (2015)