Dr. Utku Tefek
Senior Research Scientist
Dr.Utku is a Senior Research Scientist at the Illinois Advanced Research Center at Singapore Ltd., working on topics around cyberphysical systems security. In addition, he is teaching Network Protocols & Applications and Cellular Networks courses at the National University of Singapore (NUS) as an Adjunct Senior Lecturer. He received his BSc from Bilkent University in 2013 with high honours. He then obtained his PhD from NUS in 2017, under Singapore International Graduate Award scholarship.
Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the National University of Singapore
Network Security, Applied Cryptography, Cyberphysical Systems, Wireless Communications and Networks
- 2023 - 2024 Future Internet Resilience Economics, Principal Investigator
- 2022 - 2023 Automated Security Policy Generation, Co-Principal Investigator
- 2021 - 2022 Augmented Security Technology for Industrial IoT, Co-Principal Investigator
- 2021 - 2023 Secure and Accountable Data Exchange, Co-Principal Investigator
- E. Esiner, U. Tefek, D. Mashima, B. Chen, Z. Kalbarczyk, D.M. Nicol, “Message Authentication and Provenance Verification for Industrial Control Systems.” ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems, 2022.
- U. Tefek, E. Esiner, D. Mashima, B. Chen, Y.-C. Hu, “Caching-based Multicast Message Authentication in Time-critical Industrial Control Systems.” IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), 2022.
- E. Esiner, U. Tefek, H.M. Erol, D. Mashima, B. Chen, Y.-C. Hu, Z. Kalbarczyk, D. Nicol, “LoMoS: Less-online/more-offline signatures for extremely time-critical systems.” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 2022.
- U. Tefek, T.J. Lim, “Full-duplex Relaying in Machine-type Communications with a Multi-antenna Base Station.” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2018.
- U. Tefek, T.J. Lim, “Relaying and Radio Resource Partitioning for Machine-type Communications in Cellular Networks.” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 2016.
- Precomputation-based Message Authentication. WO/2022/182295, Application No: PCT/SG2022/050089, 2022.
- Message Authentication. US/2022/0376923, Application No:17769980, 2022.